CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Interesting parallel port relay board

on 2003-09-11 16:16:44 UTC
Hi Jeff,

Dontronics is "good people" to do business with! I can recommend them,
got some PIC stuff some time ago.

As far as controlling a spindle or coolant, I'd still have to go with an
SSR (Solid State Relay). These can be connected per my Driver/PS
schematic, as I posted yesterday.

Alan KM6VV

washcomp wrote:

> I recently came across a site (I have no connection with it) which is
> offering a fully assembled & enclosed parallel port 8 relay control
> board for $47US delivered to the States from Australia. Looking at
> the traces, it should be pretty easy to also rig access to the input
> pins. Does this make sense for those of us who are output challenged
> (coolant, lube, etc.)? What is it missing that the parallel breakout
> boxes available in the states offers if step/direction control is
> already taken care of? Anyone "down under" have experience with
> Dontronics?
>
> Site:
>
> http://dontronics.com/diyk165.html
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Jeff

Discussion Thread

washcomp 2003-09-11 15:51:42 UTC Interesting parallel port relay board Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-09-11 16:16:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Interesting parallel port relay board Doug Fortune 2003-09-12 00:24:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Interesting parallel port relay board