CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Binding Table - How do I regrind/Lap the ways ? ?

Posted by ballendo
on 2003-09-12 08:34:35 UTC
Mark,

Jon has given some good info here. But IMO, just the tip of the
iceberg...

If you're really planning to do this yourself, I would pretty
vigorously suggest you get a copy of the book Machine tool
reconditioning. It's not a cheap book, at nearly a hundred bucks, but
will be useful for many cnc related jobs.

It's available from most metalworking supply houses, and there is an
ad for it on page 36 of the current Home Shop Machinist magazine.
There was also a recent? article in that magazine about scraping a
mill vise true. Like your current problem, the vise had several
related surfaces needing scraping. The hardest part is not "flat",
or "straight", but getting flat AND straight AND the dovetail angles
right. This requires a procedural approach that may not be intuitive.

There is also a pretty good hand scraping video available on the web.
Try a search of "hand scraping" and it will likely turn up. You'll
know the site when you see it.

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:

> Mark Thompson wrote:
>
> >Hi All
> >
> >I have a Old Bridge Port that was used for
> >cutting silicon mirrors and table has been
> >worn in the center. They only moved the table
> >about 10" in the X axis for it life.
> >
> >I have removed all the silicon build up on the
> >ways and knee.<snip>

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 2003-09-10 22:32:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Binding Table - How do I regrind/Lap the ways ? ? ballendo 2003-09-12 08:34:35 UTC Re: Binding Table - How do I regrind/Lap the ways ? ? Raymond Heckert 2003-09-12 18:48:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Binding Table - How do I regrind/Lap the ways ? ?