CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2003-09-14 20:40:56 UTC
Hi Vince. (I'll snip this a bunch)

> From: "Vince Negrete" <vnegrete@...>
> Subject: Re: Re: Re: EMC-BDI is not my friend....

> RedHat uses version 2.4.18-3 and this EMC Kernel is of course different
> (2.4.18-rtai) and man does that cause havoc during bootup.

I've found on these kinds of binaries that it is very difficult to get a
good match. Compiling a source rpm works better but that can be
threatening.

> THE Cyberblade driver that you recommended long ago worked for me but
> the highest resolution I was able to get was 640x480. This was not
> enough for the Windows environment to be able to see much without
> scrolling from side to side. I was never able to increase this
> resolution even with the CTRL-ALT-+
> ie: Only part of the EMC Program was showing on the screen and I had
> to scroll to see both sides of that too.
>
> BDI-EMC 2.18 and 2.20b seem to be able to use Cyberblade fine but still
> dont get higher than 640x480 res...
> I would be happy with 600x800. Any higher resolution would be icing on
> the cake.

Right. This is where we need to do a bit of work with Xconfigurator.

> Is there a day and time after say Wednesday we could meet on the IRC
> chat where you could walk me through Xconfigurator?
> I would of course have a fresh new BDI-EMC 2.20b version installed
> (because I do want to make chips..) :)
> Evenings are best for me but could do it early also.

If we need to do this, I think that we can. I'll send a pdf of the
xconfiguration stuff off list.

Ray

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2003-09-14 20:40:56 UTC Re: