CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Wrapping on a cylinder Solidworks?

Posted by mjf462001
on 2003-09-17 18:56:24 UTC
I thank all of you for lending an ear and helping me out.
I think I may still try to use solidworks and turn my head to the
fact that such an advanced program doesn't have the funtionality yet.

What I am trying to draw is a cylinder six inches in dia two inches
tall. I want to wrap a sine wave or lobe shaped pattern around the
exterior of the cylinder. The lobe shape on the exterior is an inch
wide but as you follow the lobe twords the center of the cylinder it
dimishes down to nothing. It is easier to explain than to draw.

Clear as mud?

Matthew

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Demand <jdemand@a...>
wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> Rhino will wrap an image around a cylinder. Use the 'flow
along curve'
> command. Since it manipulates only the control points make sure
that all
> your lines have enough for the desired curvature. It can also
handle 3D
> objects to a degree... if too complex they tend to fall apart. For
very
> complex objects you can make them into a mesh first, but don't
plan on
> doing any editing after flowing.
>
> Jeff
>

> -
> Demand Designs
> Analog/Digital Modeling & Goldsmithing
> http://www.aztec-net.com/~jdemand
> -

Discussion Thread

Jeff Demand 2003-09-17 12:25:34 UTC Re: Wrapping on a cylinder Solidworks? mjf462001 2003-09-17 18:56:24 UTC Re: Wrapping on a cylinder Solidworks? Torsten 2003-09-18 04:48:05 UTC Re: Wrapping on a cylinder Solidworks?