CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Wrapping on a cylinder Solidworks?

Posted by Torsten
on 2003-09-18 04:48:05 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "mjf462001" <mjf46@j...>
wrote:

> I thank all of you for lending an ear and helping me out.
> I think I may still try to use solidworks and turn my head to the
> fact that such an advanced program doesn't have the funtionality
yet.

> What I am trying to draw is a cylinder six inches in dia two inches
> tall. I want to wrap a sine wave or lobe shaped pattern around the
> exterior of the cylinder. The lobe shape on the exterior is an inch
> wide but as you follow the lobe twords the center of the cylinder
it
> dimishes down to nothing. It is easier to explain than to draw.
>
> Clear as mud?
>
> Matthew

I feel your pain man.
All the great features and functionalitys can be found easily
today in cad programs, but not combined in one program unfortunatly
no matter how much money your willing to spend.

There is a simple and quick fix to machine your part.
Just draw in X and Y plane postprocess then substitude
all Y addresses with A or whatever your setup requires.
You probably will have to scale the Y axes of the drawing
to match a 360 degr. angle first.
Ugly process but it will work just fine on your machine.
Good Luck

Discussion Thread

Jeff Demand 2003-09-17 12:25:34 UTC Re: Wrapping on a cylinder Solidworks? mjf462001 2003-09-17 18:56:24 UTC Re: Wrapping on a cylinder Solidworks? Torsten 2003-09-18 04:48:05 UTC Re: Wrapping on a cylinder Solidworks?