CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo

Torsten wrote:

>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "huiostheios"
><huiostheios@c...> wrote:
>

>>Can anyone tell me in laymans terms what servo motors I need to
>>

>make H.F. 33686 MILL 1 1/2 hp cnc. I mean interms of minimum! THANKS

No, we can't! What do you want to do with the mill? Cut foam? Or Inconel?
Will you be replacing the Acme screws with ballscrews, or just use the
Acme screws as is?

There are three basic regimes people use these machines in, I think.
One is to use rather small cutters at high speeds for contouring, with
pretty high feedrates, but low cutting forces.

The opposite end is to make deep cuts with large end mills, involving
low speeds, but heavy cutting force loads on the table.

And, then, there are people who want to do both, and need lots of force,
PLUS high feedrates.

In general, though, a motor that can do roughly 2000 RPM at 48-72
Volts, and has a peak torque of at least 200 Oz-In at less than 20 Amps
will work well with Gecko servo drives. You need to have encoders
on the motor, or put them on later.

huiostheios 2003-09-17 23:45:53 UTC servo Torsten 2003-09-18 04:58:17 UTC Re: servo Jon Elson 2003-09-18 08:32:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: servo