CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mach 2 configuration ?????

on 2003-09-22 18:54:32 UTC
John:

Does this apply to the metric versions as well?

Tony

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "stevenson_engineers"

<davinci@s...>
> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Id like to ask a few questions about configuring mach 2 software
> > with my hardware.
> >
> > I bought a TAIG CNC ready mill ( mm version )wich i converted to
> CNC
> > based on the xylotex driver and some MAE motors.
> >
> > Now, i have non experience what so ever with these technical
things
> > so im having allot of difficulties conf. the mechanical drive,
> steps
> > per revolution etc.Im following the PDF manual for mach 2 and if
> any
> > one has it avalible its chapter 5.6.1 through 5.6.1.4
> >
> > Mostly its based on inch calculations when i have the mm version.
> > There is some mm examples but then it involves tooth pulley? im
> > totaly confused. I have mounted my motors directly with the TAIG
> CNC
> > couplings to the lead screw so i can rely on those calculations
> > either.
> >
> > And i seem to have to know the pitch of the leadscrew crest to
> > crest. I have no means to measure this and ist not in any of the
> doc
> > i got from TAIG.
> >
> > So if any one has some good tips hints or formulas to calculate
> > these things or any info at all that i would have to think of
ehen
> > conf these these things, id be very happy to get some help.
> >
> > Regards
> > Jimmy P
> > Sweden

Discussion Thread

davincitiger 2003-09-22 11:38:33 UTC Mach 2 configuration ????? stevenson_engineers 2003-09-22 15:38:21 UTC Re: Mach 2 configuration ????? Antonius J.M. Groothuizen 2003-09-22 18:54:32 UTC Re: Mach 2 configuration ?????