CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mach 2 configuration ?????

on 2003-09-22 15:38:21 UTC
The Taig leadscrews are 20 threads per inch, or 0.050" crest to crest.

John S.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "davincitiger" <davinci@s...>
wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Id like to ask a few questions about configuring mach 2 software
> with my hardware.
>
> I bought a TAIG CNC ready mill ( mm version )wich i converted to
CNC
> based on the xylotex driver and some MAE motors.
>
> Now, i have non experience what so ever with these technical things
> so im having allot of difficulties conf. the mechanical drive,
steps
> per revolution etc.Im following the PDF manual for mach 2 and if
any
> one has it avalible its chapter 5.6.1 through 5.6.1.4
>
> Mostly its based on inch calculations when i have the mm version.
> There is some mm examples but then it involves tooth pulley? im
> totaly confused. I have mounted my motors directly with the TAIG
CNC
> couplings to the lead screw so i can rely on those calculations
> either.
>
> And i seem to have to know the pitch of the leadscrew crest to
> crest. I have no means to measure this and ist not in any of the
doc
> i got from TAIG.
>
> So if any one has some good tips hints or formulas to calculate
> these things or any info at all that i would have to think of ehen
> conf these these things, id be very happy to get some help.
>
> Regards
> Jimmy P
> Sweden

Discussion Thread

davincitiger 2003-09-22 11:38:33 UTC Mach 2 configuration ????? stevenson_engineers 2003-09-22 15:38:21 UTC Re: Mach 2 configuration ????? Antonius J.M. Groothuizen 2003-09-22 18:54:32 UTC Re: Mach 2 configuration ?????