CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Suggestions for a good CAM program needed

Posted by m0nkey0ne
on 2003-09-27 12:39:54 UTC
Autocad doesnt even recognize TTF fonts as lines ... they have to be
exploded.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "rogersmach"
<rogersmach@y...> wrote:
> I'm looking for a good Cam program thats affordably priced. I'm
using
> Mach2 and does not allow you to select toolpaths for DXF imports
nor
> does it recognize TTF fonts from Autocad as lines. I'm not
> complaining (Art) :-). As a machine controller and for simple DXF
> import it is superb. If it would allow one to select toolpath
> direction during import and recognize TTF's in DXF files it would
be
> even better. I found one program for doing TTF to DXF conversion.
> But, thats all it does, It was $100. If someone was doing signs or
> engraving with a router it would be a great program. But, I may
want
> to do arc-aligned text and I dont want to have 15 programs to
create
> a G-code. I got an E-mail this morning from Bob-Cad CAM, and they
are
> having a sale. V17 for $295, I downloaded the demo (waiting for the
> phone to ring) and looked at it, I couldnt get it to do ttf to dxf
> imports either however, it is supposed to. Although it does allow
you
> to select the toolpath. Any suggestions anyone has would be
> appreciated. Is there a way to do these two tasks with what I have
> (Mach2 and Acad R14) that I'm not aware of?
> TIA, Ron

Discussion Thread

rogersmach 2003-09-27 07:25:10 UTC Suggestions for a good CAM program needed Michael Milligan 2003-09-27 12:02:11 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Suggestions for a good CAM program needed Michael Milligan 2003-09-27 12:02:17 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Suggestions for a good CAM program needed m0nkey0ne 2003-09-27 12:39:54 UTC Re: Suggestions for a good CAM program needed Thomas Powell 2003-09-27 13:32:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Suggestions for a good CAM program needed