CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Suggestions for a good CAM program needed

on 2003-09-27 12:02:17 UTC
Ron

Further to my previous email, I suggest you form
Within the CAM module you select menu item FILE \ Examples
and browse the Examples Folder selecting the Engrave example.
This will show both True Type fonts and Simple (centreline)
Fonts.

Regards

Michael
Dolphin CAD CAM Ltd

-----Original Message-----
From: rogersmach [mailto:rogersmach@...]
Sent: 27 September 2003 04:07
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Suggestions for a good CAM program needed

I'm looking for a good Cam program thats affordably priced. I'm using
Mach2 and does not allow you to select toolpaths for DXF imports nor
does it recognize TTF fonts from Autocad as lines. I'm not
complaining (Art) :-). As a machine controller and for simple DXF
import it is superb. If it would allow one to select toolpath
direction during import and recognize TTF's in DXF files it would be
even better. I found one program for doing TTF to DXF conversion.
But, thats all it does, It was $100. If someone was doing signs or
engraving with a router it would be a great program. But, I may want
to do arc-aligned text and I dont want to have 15 programs to create
a G-code. I got an E-mail this morning from Bob-Cad CAM, and they are
having a sale. V17 for $295, I downloaded the demo (waiting for the
phone to ring) and looked at it, I couldnt get it to do ttf to dxf
imports either however, it is supposed to. Although it does allow you
to select the toolpath. Any suggestions anyone has would be
appreciated. Is there a way to do these two tasks with what I have
(Mach2 and Acad R14) that I'm not aware of?
TIA, Ron

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

rogersmach 2003-09-27 07:25:10 UTC Suggestions for a good CAM program needed Michael Milligan 2003-09-27 12:02:11 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Suggestions for a good CAM program needed Michael Milligan 2003-09-27 12:02:17 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Suggestions for a good CAM program needed m0nkey0ne 2003-09-27 12:39:54 UTC Re: Suggestions for a good CAM program needed Thomas Powell 2003-09-27 13:32:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Suggestions for a good CAM program needed