CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dropping a few volts ?

Posted by John Haddy
on 2003-09-28 15:26:14 UTC
I misread the intent, sorry.

I thought that the desire was to drop the supply permanently to keep
it under the voltage limit.

Mosfets are nice (with their near zero static gate current) but there
is a wide variation in Vgs_threshold which means that the "regulated"
output level will be device (as well as load) dependent (for example,
the MTP10N10E has 2.0V <= Vgs_threshold <= 4.5V). I've therefore only
used them in closed-loop regulator applications.

I'd prefer a power darlington NPN for an open-loop application (or I'd
design a proper closed loop regulator).

JohnH

List Mom
List Owner

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2003-09-26 21:41:28 UTC Dropping a few volts ? Jon Elson 2003-09-26 22:57:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dropping a few volts ? turbulatordude 2003-09-27 10:45:16 UTC Re: Dropping a few volts ? John Haddy 2003-09-27 20:28:35 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dropping a few volts ? turbulatordude 2003-09-28 06:02:15 UTC Re: Dropping a few volts ? John Haddy 2003-09-28 15:26:14 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dropping a few volts ? turbulatordude 2003-09-28 17:00:46 UTC Re: Dropping a few volts ?