CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: estimating current of a per supply

Posted by Markwayne
on 2003-10-01 18:14:21 UTC
The cross sectional area of the core is the limiting factor as to how
mush flux at saturation the xfmr can handle. The "core" is only the bit
in the center that passes thru the windings. An area of say two sq.
in. is about a 100 watt and 3 sqin about 250 watt and 4 sqin 500 watt.
This does not consider the duty cycle the rest of the xfmr is designed
for. Xfmers designed to be saturated continuous duty you can boil water
on. Weight is a good indicator as well, and some where I have a chart....

Mark