CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bob cad and Vector cam

Posted by ballendo
on 2003-10-02 05:18:39 UTC
Hello,

Two dutch brothers, apparently. Useta be all BobCAD. Split into two
products a few years back. One brother had been selling BobCAD in
Europe, the other in the USA(Bob Twaalhoeven, the Bob of BobCAD). My
spelling may not be correct.

As I understand it, Fred Smith of IMService approached the "European"
Brother and Vector is the result. Fred can correct anything I've got
wrong here...

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "barker806"
<brian_barker@u...> wrote:
> I use Bobcad a work and have been happy with it for the 2D work
that
> I have been doing (I make real parts at work). I have seen some of
> the COOL 3D work that most of you seem to be doing so I thought I
> would look at Vector Cam (for some Home CNC fun). What the ....
They
> must have been made by the same company. I must say that the 3d in
> Vector is MUCH better but the drafting tools in Bob cad cam seem
> better to me. So what is the deal is it the same company and are
they
> going to put it all into one??
>
> Thank you
> Brian

Discussion Thread

barker806 2003-10-01 19:13:07 UTC Bob cad and Vector cam ballendo 2003-10-02 05:18:39 UTC Re: Bob cad and Vector cam Fred Smith 2003-10-02 16:19:54 UTC Re: Bob cad and Vector cam