CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Mach 2 a commercial quality control? was Re: retrofitting an older CNC

Posted by ballendo
on 2003-10-05 07:27:31 UTC
Doug,

First let me say I agree with you. He should fix the control if
possible, and keep it...

But as to your second question, it may have been awhile since you
looked at Mach2 (150 bucks). Using your list, I'll just relist what
it won't do (currently, but Art is "scary fast" at adding features...)

Here's the list:

>axis rotation,
>polar coordinate programming
>calc assist
>conversational & Gcode (intermixed) programming,

Some of what I removed will need a macro written and assigned (the
bolt circle and canned pockets), but this is easily done. I'm pretty
sure axis rotation and polar coords are already in the emc source
which Art started with, so these would just need to be "turned on" (I
recently asked him to turn on "block delete" and within a week it
was.)

So we're probably talking only about conversational and calc assist,
as being the differences (from your list)

I'd say that's "close", wouldn't you?

Ballendo

P.S. AND you can design your own screens and keyboard usage for every
function. Also can integrate external switches to macros, or keys, or
screen buttons, so tool changers and pallets are no big deal.
Extensible M-codes (macro defined, and user determined). Plasma torch
height controlof an "industrial" strength(with pause for piercing) -
needs external hardware, but schematic is published. 6axis, very good
CVV, Lathe mode in development. Check it out...

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "doug98105"
<doug.rasmussen@c...> wrote:
> The most important reason not to retrofit is the feature list of
the
> control. Helical milling, graphics, axis rotation, axis scaling &
> reversal, conversational & Gcode (intermixed) programming, macro
> programming, 3 axis arc cutting (not just in the XY plane), canned
> cycles for circular & rectangular pockets, bolt circles, rotate and
> repeat for symetrical pockets, subroutines, arc & cam milling,
polar
> coordinate programming, concurrent programming (while another
> program is running), calc assist, buffered input through RS232
port,
> industry standard Mcode interface to an auxiliary device, etc, etc,
> etc, etc. The list goes on, these are just the features I can
> think of quickly. They're all standard on the basic control, maybe
> his control even has some of the really magic optional stuff? Can
> any of the "hobby class" PC controllers come anywhere near this in
> features?
>
> Doug

Discussion Thread

no falloff 2003-10-03 17:30:19 UTC retrofitting an older CNC doug98105 2003-10-03 21:34:17 UTC Re: retrofitting an older CNC Jon Elson 2003-10-03 21:40:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] retrofitting an older CNC cdmurphy_2000 2003-10-03 22:08:16 UTC Re: retrofitting an older CNC R Rogers 2003-10-04 07:51:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] retrofitting an older CNC skykotech 2003-10-04 07:53:59 UTC Re: retrofitting an older CNC doug98105 2003-10-04 08:57:39 UTC Re: retrofitting an older CNC Matt Shaver 2003-10-04 10:22:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: retrofitting an older CNC R Rogers 2003-10-05 01:48:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: retrofitting an older CNC ballendo 2003-10-05 07:27:31 UTC Mach 2 a commercial quality control? was Re: retrofitting an older CNC Markwayne 2003-10-05 16:06:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: retrofitting an older CNC Matt Shaver 2003-10-05 19:17:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: retrofitting an older CNC