CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Considering new servo product!

Madhu Annapragada wrote:

>Going from PMDC brush type motors to Brushless in order to handle the
>commutation, you might need to either do trapezoidal phase advance using the
>hall effect sensors or do a sin look up to get a smoother sinusoidal
>commutation. In either case the brushless case is a bit more complicated
>than the more straight forward brush type implementation; not necessarily a
>small step up IMHO

No. If you want a $2500 Yaskawa servo amp, you can go and buy one.
There is no purpose in trying to compete with the "big guys" in this
business. Six-step drives have been used for years, and they work
well enough. Especially if the encoder has fairly high resolution,
with a 1000 Hz servo update rate, I don't think there would be a
problem running smaller motors with a six-step drive pattern.
Well, I guess I will find out in a couple of months, after I get
the DC brush version working!

Jon Elson 2003-10-06 09:25:21 UTC Considering new servo product! Charles Hixon 2003-10-06 10:51:14 UTC Re: Considering new servo product! Madhu Annapragada 2003-10-06 10:52:15 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Considering new servo product! Jon Elson 2003-10-06 22:43:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Considering new servo product! ballendo 2003-10-07 06:07:27 UTC Re: Considering new servo product!