CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: OneCNC CAD/CAM

Posted by fun2b432002
on 2003-10-11 19:18:15 UTC
Chris,

I am very new to CAD/CAM and very inexperienced. I hope my
inexperience didn't just cost me extra money but the XP Mill seems
like a great program. I was able to design a 3D model of an aircraft
fitting in a few hours using the demo. I spent a couple of weeks
evaluating it and Mastercam and I went ahead and ordered XP Mill
Expert yesterday and should have it here Tuesday. The link
for OneCNC is http://www.onecnc.net/index.htm The XP Mill Expert
seems like a very powerful program and after evaluating and comparing
to Mastercam Mill 1 it was clearly much much better and with as many
features as Mastercam Mill 3 with Solids. The best thing is
Mastercam Mill 3 with solids added is about $13000 and OneCNC is
$4600. After talking with one of the sales reps he said OneCNC is
selling their products so low so they are going for selling as many
seats as they can this first year in the U.S. and around next summer
they expect the price to be up around the same as Mastercam,...
around $10000 for XP Mill Expert. You can go to the website and
download a demo version. The Demo is last years version and XP is
much improved but I was still very impressed with the demo. OneCNC
has 24 hour support worldwide and no maintenance costs. Thanks for
your time and advice.

Frank

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Seeley" <cseeley@e...>
wrote:
> We use GibbsCAM at our shop, It seems to do a good job
>
> Chris Seeley

Expert

wanliker@a...,
> timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

fun2b432002 2003-10-09 23:39:03 UTC OneCNC CAD/CAM Chris Seeley 2003-10-11 15:58:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OneCNC CAD/CAM fun2b432002 2003-10-11 19:18:15 UTC Re: OneCNC CAD/CAM gboss30 2003-12-10 19:56:51 UTC Re: OneCNC CAD/CAM