CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bandit servo drives and tach

on 2003-10-13 07:55:10 UTC
If you are seeking documentation on the bandit try the
www.automationbookstore.com allen bradley bought out bandit and
shadow will not help you out. I've had a bandit the motor amps
litterally smoked, but I have the installation manual the manual
costs about $50 i'd sell my copy as it is no good to me for less.
Also try http://home.att.net/~btuttleman/barrysite.html Barry is a
cool cat that will do anything to help you out. I'm going to strip
my bandit for the power supply let me know if you need any control
boards. Such as the boards across the front in the cardcage. Do you
know if it powers up at all? When you start the bandit you should
have holding torque on the motors, if not you could be in same place
i am.

-- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "bankgarter" <yahoo@g...>
wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I inherited a SuperMAX fitted with a VERY old closed-loop Bandit
> (still Summit/Dana) from a buddy of mine. As I have built antenna
> positioners in the past I think I can actually do something with
this
> rig! However, the many years of wipe-downs have left the Dana
> RapidSyn servo motor labels shiny clean, as in NO data. Any idea
what
> kind of voltage and current these guys like? I hotted up the X axis
> leads with a DC power supply and got the motor to spin with 5-30
VDC
> at about 2A. However, I know there's more top end but I don't want
> burn things up. Moose took good care of this old bugger and I'll be
> danged if I'm going to be the one that cooks things. Also, any
> feedback on the...feedback? I know it is resolver based but does
> anyone know if it is multi-speed and what the characteristics of
the
> resolvers are?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Discussion Thread

bankgarter 2003-10-09 23:38:54 UTC Bandit servo drives and tach Jon Elson 2003-10-10 10:18:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bandit servo drives and tach m0nkey0ne 2003-10-12 19:40:57 UTC Re: Bandit servo drives and tach twoextrememachine 2003-10-13 07:55:10 UTC Re: Bandit servo drives and tach terrygh1 2003-11-05 20:44:59 UTC Re: Bandit servo drives and tach