CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bandit servo drives and tach

Posted by terrygh1
on 2003-11-05 20:44:59 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "bankgarter" <yahoo@g...>
wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I inherited a SuperMAX fitted with a VERY old closed-loop Bandit
> (still Summit/Dana) from a buddy of mine. As I have built antenna
> positioners in the past I think I can actually do something with
this
> rig! However, the many years of wipe-downs have left the Dana
> RapidSyn servo motor labels shiny clean, as in NO data. Any idea
what
> kind of voltage and current these guys like? I hotted up the X axis
> leads with a DC power supply and got the motor to spin with 5-30
VDC
> at about 2A. However, I know there's more top end but I don't want
> burn things up. Moose took good care of this old bugger and I'll be
> danged if I'm going to be the one that cooks things. Also, any
> feedback on the...feedback? I know it is resolver based but does
> anyone know if it is multi-speed and what the characteristics of
the
> resolvers are?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

what are the numbers of the boards you have in the controll they all
should start with a #214 i have the prints on most of the boards and
some driver set up info i can give you

Discussion Thread

bankgarter 2003-10-09 23:38:54 UTC Bandit servo drives and tach Jon Elson 2003-10-10 10:18:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bandit servo drives and tach m0nkey0ne 2003-10-12 19:40:57 UTC Re: Bandit servo drives and tach twoextrememachine 2003-10-13 07:55:10 UTC Re: Bandit servo drives and tach terrygh1 2003-11-05 20:44:59 UTC Re: Bandit servo drives and tach