CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table

Posted by balsaman_cnc
on 2003-10-18 07:21:09 UTC
Set the axis up as a linear axis and try again. Since there are no
units displayed it shouldn't matter. As far as I know the only
difference between linear and angular is one displays degrees, and
the other inches (or mm). The software shouldn't care either way. I
don't use EMC, but this is how I did it in Turbocnc and it's working
fine.

Eric

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Asim Khan" <asimtec@y...>
wrote:
> Hi Group!
>
> I want to run a rotary table using EMC. To run this rotary table
> as a fourth axis what i did was this:
>
> Edited the AXES = 3 line in ini file to
> AXES = 4
>
> Edited CORDINATES = X Y Z to
> CORDINATES = X Y Z A
>

> Edited HOME = 0 0 0 to
> HOME = 0 0 0 0
>

> copied the 3rd axis all parameters under [AXIS_2] label and renamed
> the [AXIS_2] to [AXIS_3]
>
> edited TYPE = LINEAR line to :
> TYPE = ANGULAR
>
> now my 4th axis ini parameters are as follows:
>
> ; Fourth Axis
> [AXIS_3]
>
> TYPE = ANGULAR
> UNITS = 0.03937007874016
> HOME = 0.000
> MAX_VELOCITY = 1.2
> P = 1000.000
> I = 0.000
> D = 0.000
> FF0 = 0.000
> FF1 = 0.000
> FF2 = 0.000
> BACKLASH = 0.000
> BIAS = 0.000
> MAX_ERROR = 0.000
> DEADBAND = 0.000
> CYCLE_TIME = 0.001000
> INPUT_SCALE = 1000 0
> OUTPUT_SCALE = 1.000 0.000
> MIN_LIMIT = -10.0
> MAX_LIMIT = 10.0
> MIN_OUTPUT = -10
> MAX_OUTPUT = 10
> FERROR = 1.000
> MIN_FERROR = 0.010
> HOMING_VEL = 0.1
> HOME_OFFSET = 0.0
> ENABLE_POLARITY = 0
> MIN_LIMIT_SWITCH_POLARITY = 0
> MAX_LIMIT_SWITCH_POLARITY = 0
> HOME_SWITCH_POLARITY = 1
> HOMING_POLARITY = 1
> JOGGING_POLARITY = 1
> FAULT_POLARITY = 1
> ; Parameters for Inland Motor BMHS-0701 X 20
> TORQUE_UNITS = OZ_IN
> ARMATURE_RESISTANCE = 1.10
> ARMATURE_INDUCTANCE = 0.0120
> BACK_EMF_CONSTANT = 0.0254
> ROTOR_INERTIA = 0.0104
> DAMPING_FRICTION_COEFFICIENT = 0.083
> SHAFT_OFFSET = 0
> REVS_PER_UNIT = 10
> ; Parameters for generic amplifier
> AMPLIFIER_GAIN = 1
> MAX_OUTPUT_CURRENT = 10
> LOAD_RESISTANCE = 1
> ; parameters for generic encoder
> COUNTS_PER_REV = 1000
>
> after doing this all I ran TKEMC, I was able to see 4th Axis
> position counter now added in the display below Z-Axis.
> But i the position display for this forth axis is still LINEAR
> It does not displays cordinates for 4th axis in Angle.
> And there is no option in TKEMC to select UNITS (DEG,RAD,GRAD)for
> Angular Axis.
>
> Also i cant set the Work offset by left clicking the 4th Axis.
> When i try to do this a message box pops up with the following
> message :
> [...]

Discussion Thread

Asim Khan 2003-10-17 23:33:18 UTC EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table balsaman_cnc 2003-10-18 07:21:09 UTC Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table turbulatordude 2003-10-18 08:16:40 UTC Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table Asim Khan 2003-10-18 08:49:38 UTC Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table Damon 2003-10-18 17:48:54 UTC Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table Asim Khan 2003-10-18 21:40:53 UTC Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table Paul 2003-10-19 08:03:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table