CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table

Posted by Asim Khan
on 2003-10-18 21:40:53 UTC
Hi Damon

> will read 720 :) Be sure to open up the max and min limits
> so it wont error out. Also the following error variables

do you meant to say that i should set the max and min software limits?
by these variables??
MIN_LIMIT = -360.0
MAX_LIMIT = 360.0

ok lets assume my startup code of the machine is set to G21 (sets
position display and command interpretter in mm). I set input scale
parameter such that the A axis displays position in Degrees. what if
somebody runs a program in inches? Now the A axis degree display will
be scaled by a factor of 1/25.4 , isnt it? And Degree's display wont
stay in Degrees anymore...

Asim

<davemucha@j.

> > How did you get the units ?
> > Assuming you are using degrees and not some other unit....
> >
> > If you have 360 degreees motion and the table turns 10 degrees
per
> > revolution ??
> >
> > a direct drive stepper on the shaft, no microstepping.
> >
> > 36 turns per revolution times 200 steps per revolution = 7,200
> steps
> > per 360 degrees or 0.05 degrees per step.
> >

> > = = = = = = = = =
> >
> > Here is a simple list of angular numbers for my spreadsheet.
> >
> > 360 table units (circle)
> > 10 degrees per shaft revolution
> > 36 handle revolutions per one table rev.
> > 200 motor natural steps
> > 1 microsteps (1= no microsteps)
> > 200 actual; motor Step Per Rev
> > 7200 steps per table rotation
> > 360 table units (circle)
> > 20 steps per degreee
> > 0.05 degrees per step
> >
> > That comes out to 0.05 degrees per step.
> > everything else being equal, an using your number, I get that
you
> > would need
> >
> > 7.874015748 degrees per shaft revolution
> >
> > Hope this gives you some point of reference.
> >
> > Dave

Discussion Thread

Asim Khan 2003-10-17 23:33:18 UTC EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table balsaman_cnc 2003-10-18 07:21:09 UTC Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table turbulatordude 2003-10-18 08:16:40 UTC Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table Asim Khan 2003-10-18 08:49:38 UTC Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table Damon 2003-10-18 17:48:54 UTC Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table Asim Khan 2003-10-18 21:40:53 UTC Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table Paul 2003-10-19 08:03:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC and Angular Axis to run rotary table