CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Anyone programmed a PIC16F84A for Linistepper?

Posted by jm_fong
on 2003-10-23 08:55:51 UTC
thanks that explains why the berger lahr stepper motor doesn't seem
to have to much torque. OK low end but drops off considerably at
higher rpm's. The motor namplate lists 1.15amp/phase so I'm only
feeding it about 60% of rated current.

Jim

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Zafar Salam" <zafar@s...>
wrote:
> Jim,
> I have a few vexta drives too. These are all UDX5128. It is 2.8 A
driver.
> Judging from that your driver might be 0.7 A.
>
> Zafar

Vexta
> > terminals are labeled BLUE,RED,WHITE,BROWN,BLACK.
> >
> > YELLOW&GREY >>> BLUE
> > GREEN&BROWN >>> RED
> > RED&BLACK >>> WHITE
> > WHITE&ORANGE >>> BROWN
> > BLUE&VIOLET >>> BLACK
> >
> > In step/dir mode, CW input is step and CCW is dir. These are opto
> > inputs so the + terminals need to be connected to +5volts.
> >
> > There are 3 small pots on the board. Left one is unknown,
middle is
> > the current reduction setting, right one seems to be the max
output
> > current setting.
> >
> > This may be usefull for someone who finds these older drives on
ebay.

> > Does anyone know what the max rated output current this drive can
> > put out? model UDX5107
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jim

Discussion Thread

grantfair2001 2003-10-22 23:02:39 UTC Anyone programmed a PIC16F84A for Linistepper? jm_fong 2003-10-23 05:30:53 UTC Re: Anyone programmed a PIC16F84A for Linistepper? Zafar Salam 2003-10-23 07:35:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anyone programmed a PIC16F84A for Linistepper? jm_fong 2003-10-23 08:55:51 UTC Re: Anyone programmed a PIC16F84A for Linistepper?