CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anyone programmed a PIC16F84A for Linistepper?

Posted by Zafar Salam
on 2003-10-23 07:35:13 UTC
Jim,
I have a few vexta drives too. These are all UDX5128. It is 2.8 A driver.
Judging from that your driver might be 0.7 A.

Zafar

----- Original Message -----
From: "jm_fong" <jm_fong@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:17 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Vexta 5 phase drive hookup

> I found some time this evening to look at it again, couldn't give up
> now that I had it all apart. Decided to clean it out really well.
> There was alot of caked on dirt and probably some metal shavings.
> Well on the bottom side of the board under a layer of dust is a
> small switch I did not see before. It happens to be the step/dir
> switch.
>
> Put it back together, hooked up the motor and got it to spin both
> directions. It now works in step/dir and CC/CCW mode by flipping
> the switch.
>
> Here are the Berger Lahr 10 wires to Vexta drive hookup. The Vexta
> terminals are labeled BLUE,RED,WHITE,BROWN,BLACK.
>
> YELLOW&GREY >>> BLUE
> GREEN&BROWN >>> RED
> RED&BLACK >>> WHITE
> WHITE&ORANGE >>> BROWN
> BLUE&VIOLET >>> BLACK
>
> In step/dir mode, CW input is step and CCW is dir. These are opto
> inputs so the + terminals need to be connected to +5volts.
>
> There are 3 small pots on the board. Left one is unknown, middle is
> the current reduction setting, right one seems to be the max output
> current setting.
>
> This may be usefull for someone who finds these older drives on ebay.
>
> Does anyone know what the max rated output current this drive can
> put out? model UDX5107
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim

Discussion Thread

grantfair2001 2003-10-22 23:02:39 UTC Anyone programmed a PIC16F84A for Linistepper? jm_fong 2003-10-23 05:30:53 UTC Re: Anyone programmed a PIC16F84A for Linistepper? Zafar Salam 2003-10-23 07:35:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Anyone programmed a PIC16F84A for Linistepper? jm_fong 2003-10-23 08:55:51 UTC Re: Anyone programmed a PIC16F84A for Linistepper?