CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC & steppers w/ encoders

John Johnson wrote:

>I believe I read somewhere that it is possible to use steppers with
>encoders with EMC. Does anyone have a general idea how this is
>implemented?

I am working on essentially that right now. I am actually using a Gecko 320
with the standard Ametek motor/encoder, and also feeding the encoder to
my Universal Stepper Board so the computer has the actual position info
available. Right now, I am having trouble finding the right settings of the
many variables to get it to move smoothly. Too many control loops are
now all trying to do the same thing.

John Johnson 2003-10-24 15:35:51 UTC EMC & steppers w/ encoders Matt Shaver 2003-10-25 07:58:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC & steppers w/ encoders Jon Elson 2003-10-25 23:45:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC & steppers w/ encoders