CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] HPGL and DANCAD question.

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2000-04-03 06:19:06 UTC
For some reason it is not getting a pen up command before it moves to the
seond shape. In danplot there is a menu item to convert hp-gl files to
dancad ascii file try that2.
Dan
-----Original Message-----
From: P & M Tuck <petermic@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...>
Date: Monday, April 03, 2000 12:36 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] HPGL and DANCAD question.

>This has probably been asked before but: HPGL on DanPlot problem?
>
>First. I create a 2D artwork in say Corel draw for example two
rectangles(one inside the other) with text(convert to curves) in the middle.

>Second. I print to file HPGL.
>
>Third. I view the HPGL file with a viewer and it looks fine!
>
>Fourth. I take the file to my mill. Start Danplot,home the machine and load
the file. When it cuts, it does the first rectangle, then instead of moving
to inside the first rectangle it moves diagonaly across the work and starts
outside the rectangle and cuts the second rectangle and then proceeds to
place the text in the middle, every time I recheck with a viewer and the
hpgl file looks fine.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~petermic