CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Knee Mill Z-Axis CNC Conversion Alternatives...

Posted by j_t_wright
on 2003-11-10 16:00:12 UTC
Kim,

Many thanks. Will do. Seems I gotta make a choice in
the next day or so between the Clausing (w/knee) and
a Sieg X3 (one of the last the importer has or will have
for a while).

Jim

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Kim Lux <lux@d...> wrote:
> I went through the same questions a month or so ago... search the
> archives.
>
> For a whole number of reasons, we've chosen to CNC the knee by
replacing
> the entire knee drive with a 1" ballscrew setup. We've got the
parts
> for the Z axis machined and ready to go in but we've yet to install
them
> because the machine is still in use. Maybe this week...
>
> As far as counterbalancing the knee, we purchased 2 175 pound gas
> springs.
>
> We are using nearly direct drive from the servo motor to the ball
screw>
> 20 tooth driver pulley to a 25 tooth driven pulley so that we get
> 0.0001" Z axis resolution from our 0.25" pitch ballscrew.
>
> All parts were purchased from McMasterCarr.
>
> The motor used for the Z axis is a 600 ozin, 2HP (Continuous)
treadmill

wanliker@a..., timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
it if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members
are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
EXCEPTIONS........

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> --
> Kim Lux <lux@d...>

Discussion Thread

j_t_wright 2003-11-09 15:08:40 UTC Knee Mill Z-Axis CNC Conversion Alternatives... Kim Lux 2003-11-10 07:16:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Knee Mill Z-Axis CNC Conversion Alternatives... William Schmiedlin 2003-11-10 15:57:38 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Knee Mill Z-Axis CNC Conversion Alternatives... j_t_wright 2003-11-10 16:00:12 UTC Re: Knee Mill Z-Axis CNC Conversion Alternatives... j_t_wright 2003-11-10 21:05:57 UTC Re: Knee Mill Z-Axis CNC Conversion Alternatives...