CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: z axis drive question

Posted by John Johnson
on 2003-11-13 07:27:00 UTC
The servo disc motor is a completely different animal. More info here:

http://www.motionvillage.com/products/motors/pancake/servodisc/
design.html

My company uses these with both analog and digital servo circuits. They
are real work horses,
cutting fabric up to 7.5 cm high, and dry hauling up to 1200 ipm. They
run for years with no problem.

One word of caution, don't push or pull on the shaft, or bang on the
motor.

Regards,
JJ

On Wednesday, November 12, 2003, at 09:33 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> I can see the calculation gives 0.0005", which I am sure would be fine
> for
> my
> needs, but I can't seem to visualise how the DC servo motor can move
> such a
> SMALL amount - is the motor not governed by its commutators and
> magnetic
> pole
> pieces ?
>
> Dave

Discussion Thread

Dave Fisher 2003-11-12 17:22:32 UTC z axis drive question turbulatordude 2003-11-12 18:03:49 UTC Re: z axis drive question Dave Fisher 2003-11-12 18:31:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: z axis drive question tclay_35117 2003-11-12 20:57:41 UTC Re: z axis drive question Jon Elson 2003-11-12 22:42:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] z axis drive question Jon Elson 2003-11-12 22:48:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: z axis drive question bitnick78 2003-11-13 01:27:35 UTC Re: z axis drive question John Johnson 2003-11-13 07:27:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: z axis drive question Jon Elson 2003-11-13 09:02:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: z axis drive question