CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wish list

Posted by Bruce Hassell
on 2000-04-04 17:41:04 UTC
Hi,

I am new to posting on this list. I have been lurking for a while learning
a great deal from the fine folks who do contribute on a regular basis. One
day I hope to be able to converse intelligently about cnc.

One comment I would like to throw out, concerns the use of the ISA bus. It
is true that there are truck loads of old pc's around and will be for
awhile. But we need to keep in mind that the specs from Intel and MS call
for doing away with ISA slots in the pc. I am seeing many new machines
which do not have any ISA slots in them and this trend will continue. Just
a thought.

Thanks,
Bruce

At 05:54 PM 4/4/00 -0500, you wrote:

>"Heuver, Brad (B.R.)" wrote:
>
>> Items I'd like to see for Bill's wish list:
>> 2) As is being discussed on the EMC mailing list - a homebrew
>> Servo-To-Go
>> card. This is the last expensive hurdle to inexpensive home servo CNC
>> with
>> big boy capabilities.
>
>Matt Shaver has just commisioned me to start work on this. His scheme,
>to do it in
>minimum time, is to use ISA and the standard US Digital encoder
>counters.
>I'd like to do a more sophisticated approach, but may go that way
>because
>of the time involved to do something more advanced.
>
>Any comments?
>
>Jon

>DON'T HATE YOUR RATE!
>Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as
>0.0% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
>Apply NOW!
>Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
>For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
>bill,
>List Manager

Thanks,

Bruce Hassell
6014 Morningside Drive
Columbus, GA 31909
706-563-4196
bmachine@...

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 2000-04-04 15:54:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wish list Bruce Hassell 2000-04-04 17:41:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wish list Eric Keller 2000-04-05 08:05:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wish list Jon Elson 2000-04-05 11:57:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wish list Jon Elson 2000-04-05 12:33:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wish list Jim Register 2000-04-09 05:17:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wish list