CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yet another Auction Fraud - This ones a big one.

Posted by Bill P @ ...
on 2003-11-21 15:07:30 UTC
Dan wrote:

> I emailed this character and asked him what his "Buy it Now" price was. Here
> is his response.
>
>> Respected Sir ,
>> I am ready to sell you this machine right now for 3000 $ . It works
>> excellent since it has been reconditioned in 2002 . I am located in Europe
>> now and so is the machine shipment costs are included in the price .But
>> delivery will take 6 days and will be done via UPS Airlines . If the price
>> is ok with your available funds and you want to buy the machine please reply
>> me asap so i can start the shipment process. For payment we will use Western
>> Union because that is fast and safe .
>
> He listed and registered today on eBay as being located in the US. He must
> have jumped right on a plane and flew back to Europe after listing this.
>
> I would say this is a fraud.

Yes, of course it is . . . .
I always get a kick out the salutations these "people" use: Respected
Sir . . . yeah, right, as if . . .

A while back I bid on a Bridgeport in one of Reliable End Mill's sales.
A couple of weeks later I started getting "offers" from not merely one, but
three people who claimed to have similar machines ready for immediate AIR
FREIGHT shipment with the freight cost INCLUDED in the purchase price.
Grilled as to which air freight carrier was willing to ship 2500# from
the UK to Canada for less than $1.00/lb, I was given a link to a little
carrier who specializes in small packages, a DHL-Lite sort of thing.
Just for fun I went back and forth with all three of those yahoos before
I finally got the goods on them, blew them off and reported them all to both
eBay and Western Union.
What happened after that I have no idea . . . .

BP

Discussion Thread

mmurray701 2003-11-21 08:43:25 UTC Yet another Auction Fraud - This ones a big one. Dan 2003-11-21 13:57:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yet another Auction Fraud - This ones a big one. RichD 2003-11-21 14:21:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yet another Auction Fraud - This ones a big one. Bill P @ ... 2003-11-21 15:07:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yet another Auction Fraud - This ones a big one.