CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Belt size and suppliers

on 2003-11-25 07:40:55 UTC
Ballendo,

We have a carbide bit in mind from an australian company. I am not
sure if we are using belts all the way around or screws. If you have
built one of these before it sounds like you know a little of what we
might need to do. Could you e-mail me at mek0002@....

Thanks
Mike

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ballendo" <ballendo@y...>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Why keep screws at all? Maybe for z, but even there a brake is
cheap.
> Using screws on the y and z will slow your overall production; AND
> likely raise your machine costs...
>
> Are you going to use the long rasp/surform type cutter head? (I
> designed a CNC surfboard cutter a few years back, and this was the
> head my customer wanted to use.)
>
> Ballendo
>
> P.S. Brecoflex ARE nice. And expensive. But a gates HTD 5mm x 25
> will do ya... (or the chain I mentioned earlier...)
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "surfbuilder2003"
> <mek0002@a...> wrote:
> > Well, I have decided that I will be using a belt for my x axis. I
> > will still be using screws for my y and z. Now for the next
> question.
> > Is there a difference in belt size? I think there is so maybe
what
> > am asking is what size belt and motor(stepper) should I be
looking
> at
> > for my 10' x axis. I will be searching ebay for any used ones but
> > think it will have to be a special Item at its size. Thanks in
> > advance for any help.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mike

Discussion Thread

surfbuilder2003 2003-11-24 19:18:05 UTC Belt size and suppliers Erie Patsellis 2003-11-24 19:52:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Belt size and suppliers ajv2803959 2003-11-25 02:57:20 UTC Re: Belt size and suppliers ballendo 2003-11-25 05:39:10 UTC Re: Belt size and suppliers surfbuilder2003 2003-11-25 07:40:55 UTC Re: Belt size and suppliers