CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam Software

on 2003-11-25 14:15:20 UTC
Hi McKenzie,

For 2 1/2 D, you don't need an expensive CAD package. It sounds like
your inlays are simple geometric shapes. A free CAD package, and ACE
converter can do this for you. A low cost CAD/CAM package can do this
for you at minimal expense, and a LOT of convenience. The DeskCAM
package might be a good choice as well, if you need a controller program
as well.

Alan KM6VV

mckenziecg wrote:

> I am hoping someone on this site has some expertise on this stuff. I
> am working with wood. I am cutting inlays in wood such, as guitar
> fronts and so forth. Of coarse the inlay pieces must be cut out to
> fit in the holes. This is about the extend of my cutting. If my
> understanding is correct this is just 2 1/2 dimension milling. I
> have some drawing programs to draw the shapes such as circles,
> squares, and diomands but nothing to convert it to g-code. I really
> like TurboCadCam except for the price. TurboCadCam is not exactly
> tailored to my specific needs it is a little more extensive. I know
> there is someone on this site with the experience to give me some
> advice on this topic. thankyou for your time

Discussion Thread

routerman10 2003-07-23 17:52:46 UTC Cam Software Fred Smith 2003-07-24 05:19:29 UTC Re: Cam Software Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-11-25 14:15:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam Software carlcnc 2003-11-25 14:20:49 UTC Re: Cam Software stevenson_engineers 2003-11-25 19:11:30 UTC Re: Cam Software