CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cam Software

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2003-07-24 05:19:29 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "routerman10" <marc@s...>
wrote:
> I am looking to purchase a cam sofware which is easy to use
> powerfull and reasonably priced as a companion to Mach2.

If you get DeskCNC, you won't need Mach2 or a CAM program. You will
be able to use a less powerful computer, and can use either the
serial or the USB port.

http://www.imsrv.com/deskcnc

You could also use the new integrated probe/tool setter to help with
reverse engineering projects, and to reduce setup time.

http://www.imsrv.com/deskcnc/probe.htm

If you want to do surface design and CAM for a very reasonable price
(way under $1000 with hobbyist discounts), check out VectorCam. It
has excellent IGES, STL, and DXF import and export filters.

Note Vector includes both a Surface and wireframe design capability
(Think Rhino)

AND lathe, mill, 4 axis wire EDM ( or hot wire) CAM-NC programming.
(Think other competitive CAM products).

You get both capabilities in a single integrated package, and any
current purchases of Vector include a free upgrade to Vector XT.
This new version of Vector is expected to ship in August. A free
demo of the Cad-only version of Vector XT, may be accessed at
http://www.vectorcad3d.com

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/hobby

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

routerman10 2003-07-23 17:52:46 UTC Cam Software Fred Smith 2003-07-24 05:19:29 UTC Re: Cam Software Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-11-25 14:15:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cam Software carlcnc 2003-11-25 14:20:49 UTC Re: Cam Software stevenson_engineers 2003-11-25 19:11:30 UTC Re: Cam Software