CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC to be used with MasterCam or ProE [asimtec]

Posted by Asim Khan
on 2003-12-03 21:18:55 UTC
Hi group
So should i assume that there is no help available on using EMC with
MasterCam or ProE? I specifically want to know how to generate correct
g-codes from these two programs? what post processor to sellect? to
generate EMC compatilble g-codes? Maybe there might be some very close
postprocessor in MasterCam or ProE that can generate code which can
be run in EMC with less trouble.
Please suggest. I am in need of your help
regards
Asim

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:

> >> From: "Asim Khan" <asimtec@y...>
> >>

> ><s> and i would like to know how most people use Enhanced Machine
> >

> >>Controller (EMC) to run their milling machines. Do they mostly
> >>generate programs by manual coding or do they use automated tools
> >>found in cad softwares, to generate tool paths ?
> >>If someone could reccomend any such software?
> >>

> I occasionally hand code an odd bit of G-code. But, that is
cumbersome.
> I have written a bunch of small C programs (many now incorporated in
> the scripts included with the BDI CD) that create G-code from the
answers
> to a few questions, or fill in the form. These do such things as
milling
> a rectangular pocket, a round hole, drilling a grid of holes, a
hole circle,
> etc. These programs generate most of the G-code I use. For complex
> geometries, I use Bobcad/CAM, which I can't really recommend. It
> does work, however, and generates perfect G-code. I got that
because
> I wanted an integrated CAD and CAM function where I didn't have to
> worry about DXF compatibility issues.
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 2003-11-27 10:54:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: EMC to be used with MasterCam or ProE [asimtec] Asim Khan 2003-12-03 21:18:55 UTC Re: EMC to be used with MasterCam or ProE [asimtec] Matt Shaver 2003-12-03 23:03:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC to be used with MasterCam or ProE [asimtec] Asim Khan 2003-12-04 08:19:56 UTC Re: EMC to be used with MasterCam or ProE [asimtec]