CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: AM Radio and power supplies...

on 2003-12-07 20:50:50 UTC
Use a 5-conductor sheilded cable to the motor. 4 wires connect to the
motor, the 5th wire connects to the motor case. The motor case wire
returns to a single-point ground connection in your box. The sheild
connects to the same ground point. Leave the motor end of the sheild
unconnected. Do that and the Golden Oldies will come thru loud and
clear.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "turbulatordude"
<davemucha@j...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a simple 4 axis unit, 4 Gecko's, power supply and such.
>
> My problem is that the radio whistles and whines when the Gecko's
are
> connected.
>
> The pitch raises and lowers over a minute or less.
>
> I was wondering if I am just stuck with the problem or if there was
> something I was doing wrong.
>
> The Gecko's are in a steel enclose with plastic window for seeing
the
> status and air vents.
>
> The cables are all shielded between the Geckos and the carrage, and
> the last foot is not shielded.
>
> My goal would be to listen without the noise, but am also afraid
that
> just because I can hear the whine, it might effect other things in
> the shop. My PC's seem to have no effect. Am I worrying about
> nothing ?
>
> If you want to respond, please try to keep it on topic. (I'm hope
> that's possible) If there is no way to reply on topic, please
> contact me direct.
>
> Dave
>

> Dave

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2003-12-07 12:29:48 UTC AM Radio and power supplies... John Johnson 2003-12-07 13:14:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] AM Radio and power supplies... Jon Elson 2003-12-07 16:43:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] AM Radio and power supplies... RichD 2003-12-07 17:28:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] AM Radio and power supplies... Mariss Freimanis 2003-12-07 20:50:50 UTC Re: AM Radio and power supplies...