CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] USB DRO

Posted by james owens
on 2000-04-06 10:01:52 UTC
I have been speaking to a programmer this afternoon and he is convinced USB is the way to go in all things computer. There is nothing that cannot be done with USB that can be done with other ports.

127 devices can be daisy-chained through one hub with a further 127 hubs being daisy-chained. The possiblilty of having a whole workshop running from one computer which each axis controlled by the host computer via a USB hub. Which equates to 16129 axis control simultaneously from one computer. One hell of a CNC control program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Terry.

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Goldstein
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 5:00 AM
Subject: RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] USB DRO

Yes there is.

Here it a clip from the press release on there site dated Feb 29, 2000:
"Expanding connectivity options for its PICmicroR microcontrollers,
Microchip Technology Inc. today introduced a family of two
one-time-programmable (OTP) devices supporting the Universal Serial Bus
(USB) 1.1 low-speed interface. The PIC16C745 and PIC16C765 microcontrollers
feature a unique software detachment mechanism and offer ample processing
bandwidth to enable USB functionality and other control functions in a
single-chip microcontroller solution."

Tim
[Denver, CO]

timg@... <mailto:timg@...>