CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PIC DRO stupid question

Posted by james owens
on 2000-04-06 10:01:50 UTC
I have just recieved this email from USDigital and thought it should be posted.

Terry.

Terry:

When we introduce our new optical encoder module, we hope to have 250 and 500 lines per inch models. I think that even 1000 lines per inch may be possible with the new module. The problem is that I still don't have a date for the modules release. The last I heard was some time in the second half of this year. For now we can only offer you the 200, 300, 360 lines per inch models because we are limited by the resolutions available in the HP HEDS optical encoder modules. I will save your request for the 500 and 1000 LPI models and notify you when that becomes available. We appreciate your business!

Clark Ludahl
Applications Engineer

----- Original Message -----
From: james owens
To: support@...
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 6:40 PM
Subject: Linear scales

Hi,

I am a member of a posting group of over 500 people interested in DRO and CNC and we require information regarding custom manufacturing Linear strip in 500 and 1000 line per inch. Is this possible and what would be the cost with a group order. There is also the question of HEDS to read in this magnitude.

Regards,

Terry.