CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: emc.ini HELP!!!

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2003-12-13 07:09:52 UTC
On Friday 12 December 2003 8:11 pm, CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com wrote:
> Message: 16
> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:59:58 -0000
> From: "V Terry Taylor" <mambavtt@...>
> Subject: emc.ini HELP!!!
>
> could someone help me out with what I need to put in the emc.ini file
> for my new sherline 2000 mill (Inch ver) when I got my cd it was bad
> so I had to burn a new copy off of the linux supplyers website... But
> It is far from configured for my mill... if someone else in this group
> has the same mill I would greatly aprecate a coppy of that file...
> thanks'

The stuff is in the tarball that is shipped on the second CD. It's named
sherline-mods.tar.gz. Drag that into the / directory and issue the
command "tar xzvf sherline-mods.tar.gz". When you restart the X-Windows
sherline icon on the desktop.

I've seen mismatch between the stuff on the main CD and those on the
second in a few cases. If that icon does not start up correctly, you will
need to browse into the first cd and find a file named
file:/mnt/cdrom2/RedHat/RPMS/emc-rtl??
click it and when the installer comes up make sure that you select the
replace files option. That should be all that you need to do. Post a
note off list if you need more.

Ray

Discussion Thread

V Terry Taylor 2003-12-12 14:50:28 UTC emc.ini HELP!!! Ray Henry 2003-12-13 07:09:52 UTC Re: emc.ini HELP!!!