CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle?

on 2003-12-16 10:40:29 UTC
Unless my memory has gone south, when I used to program these things
over 20 years ago, they had a few canned cycles including pocket
milling, bolt circle and maybe others...

...and yes I believe that they did in fact have polar coordinates.
The control that I was programming was a Boss 5. I'm amazed that
this old machine that I purchase for my garage still has most
everything still operational...

Does anyone here in this Group have an old Bridgeport CNC
Programming Manual?

Thanks,
Tim M
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "vavaroutsos" <pete@v...>

<tmartin23@y...>
> wrote:
> > Can anyone help me with the correct syntax for drilling a bolt
hole
> > pattern on this old Boss 6 control?
> >
> > I have tried:
> > N100 G81 X1.0 Y1.0 Z0.2 H8 A0 R1.0 F150
> > which doesn't seem to work.
> >
> > X,Y is center of pattern, Z is depth,
> > H is # holes, A is starting angle, and R is radius
> >
> > The control does not understand H (# of holes).
> >
> > Anyone that can enlighten me to the correct syntax would be
greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tim M

Discussion Thread

tmartin23 2003-12-15 08:55:35 UTC Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle? vavaroutsos 2003-12-15 22:51:04 UTC Re: Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle? tmartin23@y... 2003-12-16 10:40:29 UTC Re: Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle? ballendo@y... 2003-12-17 06:29:20 UTC Re: Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle? luvindaddy@y... 2003-12-17 07:18:03 UTC Re: Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle?