CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle?

on 2003-12-17 07:18:03 UTC
Hello,

From an original manual:
Bolt Circles are Programmed using the following format:
G V1 A n1 A n2 Z V2 F V3
where V1 - The canned Z axis cycle parameter (G81)
n1 - The polar coordinates of the LAST point to be drilled,
incrementally from the first or absolute from the polar
axis.
n2 - The signed incremental angle between points.
V2 - The canned Z axis parameter distance or distances.
V3 - The Z axis feedrate.
NOTES: 1. Polar Coordinate Data cannot be Transformed i.e. Rotated
or Scaled (G73).
2. Cannot be used with Cutter Diameter Compensation.

The manual was the M-104 from 2/1/80.
I hope this helps?
I have never tried this, so good luck.
Tim Bostic

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, ballendo@y... wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, but I'll have to dig it out... (won't happen until after the
end
> of the year.)
>
> Ballendo
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, tmartin23@y... wrote:
> > Unless my memory has gone south, when I used to program these
> things
> > over 20 years ago, they had a few canned cycles including pocket
> > milling, bolt circle and maybe others...
> >
> > ...and yes I believe that they did in fact have polar
coordinates.
> > The control that I was programming was a Boss 5. I'm amazed that
> > this old machine that I purchase for my garage still has most
> > everything still operational...
> >
> > Does anyone here in this Group have an old Bridgeport CNC
> > Programming Manual?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tim M
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "vavaroutsos" <pete@v...>
> > wrote:
> > > Tim, I think you're expecting way too much from this control.
As
> > far
> > > as know, the only multi cycle operations that are supported are
> > > linear along the X or Y axis.
> > >
> > > (G81) Xn1Xn2 (Zn3FV)
> > >
> > > n1=total distance to travel
> > > n2=the incremental distance
> > > n3=incremental depth
> > > FV=feadrate
> > >
> > > The bracketed data is optional depending upon whether a cycle
has
> > > already been initiated or not. Y can also be substituted for X.
> > >
> > > The BOSS 6 does support polar coordinates so you might be able
> > do
> > > this with a loop.
> > >
> > > ~petev
> > >
> > > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "tmartin23"
> > <tmartin23@y...>
> > hole

> > greatly

Discussion Thread

tmartin23 2003-12-15 08:55:35 UTC Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle? vavaroutsos 2003-12-15 22:51:04 UTC Re: Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle? tmartin23@y... 2003-12-16 10:40:29 UTC Re: Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle? ballendo@y... 2003-12-17 06:29:20 UTC Re: Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle? luvindaddy@y... 2003-12-17 07:18:03 UTC Re: Syntax for Bridgeport Boss 6 canned cycle?