CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Lathe manual tool changing

Posted by jaimea@b...
on 2003-12-17 09:31:04 UTC
Hi Kim,

thank you very much for your help. I've located the ENCO toolholder
and now I'm looking for an european dealer.

BTW, I've already bought the dovetail cutter for the mill, but cannot
find the time to make the holder, that was my original plan.

Thanks again!

jaime

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Kim Lux <lux@d...> wrote:

> We were in the same boat about 4 months ago. We bought a quick
change
> dovetail toolpost and haven't looked back.
>
> Don't buy the piston type. Buy the type that jams the dovetail.
It is
> called the wedge type. The positioning accuracy and holding power
is
> much better with these.
>
> We purchased an inexpensive unit from Enco and are quite happy with
it.

> The only thing I don't like about these tool holders is that there
is no
> way to mount a tool at an odd angle, ie 45 degrees, unless it is
built
> into the tool holder. One can get multi position quick change tool
> holders, but they are very expensive.
>
> We had to make a special base to properly mount our quick change
tool
> holder. We totally removed the compound slide.
>
> WE have a bunch of odd ball tooling that we needed to mounted on
quick
> change toolholders. We bought a dovetail milling cutter and
machined
> our own quick change tool holders on our CNC mill.
>

> Kim

Discussion Thread

jaimea@b... 2003-12-17 05:58:29 UTC Lathe manual tool changing Kim Lux 2003-12-17 06:31:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lathe manual tool changing jaimea@b... 2003-12-17 09:31:04 UTC Re: Lathe manual tool changing Dave Dillabough 2003-12-17 12:29:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lathe manual tool changing Jaime A. B. 2003-12-18 11:08:09 UTC Re: Lathe manual tool changing