CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lathe manual tool changing

on 2003-12-17 12:29:38 UTC
The wedge versions of these tool posts are better and will do what you
want. The US makers (Dorian and Aloris) claim repeatability in millionths
of an inch. The clone versions work well if you get a decent one. For an 8"
lathe you may have some issues making one fit though. You will probably
have to remove your compound slide and fabricate a mounting post. This
should not be too big a deal as you will be able to do with CNC anything
that you would have done with the compound. There are various sizes of the
tool posts available. Make sure that the one that you choose will fit the
tool shank size that you have.