CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Poor man DRO

dvls333@... wrote:

>Sometime ago i have find a site with the subject of making a DRO
>using a mouse and software (encode5) for dos.
>After some testing it seems to be ok, and i start to built some
>gearing mechanism to give me 0,1 mm accuracy (divide that with the
>quadrature sensors final res was 0,025mm.
>but after instalation the y axis worked fine the x axis sometimes
>worked sometimes not,i have test 6 different mouse and i get more
>wierd results if i turn the handwheel fast is accurate but if i turn
>it slow it misses.Any suggestions?
>I have solder the sensors with a 25 cm cable from the original pcb,
>the cable is from a mouse, i made the encoder wheels but to the same
>dimensions as the smaller one found in a mouse.
>I have aligned the sensors perfectly.

Mouse drivers do not guarantee precise registration of movement.
They get close, but under certain conditions, the mouse chip either
fails to send every movement, or the driver software is not able to
decipher it. Are you sure your encode5 program is decoding the
mouse packets correctly?

dvls333@y... 2003-12-17 06:58:06 UTC Poor man DRO luvindaddy@y... 2003-12-17 07:25:16 UTC Re: Poor man DRO Jon Elson 2003-12-17 10:09:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Poor man DRO tecnoconsult@t... 2003-12-17 11:59:36 UTC Re: Poor man DRO