CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] NIST 274NGC bugs was Flashcut and Mach2 was Re: Bridgeport...

ballendo@... wrote:

>Matt,
>
>If you search the archive of the Master5 and Mach1/2 list, you will
>see references to many of them. One that stands out is ABC moves with
>XYZ linear moves, and feedrate issues with same.
>
>Also, I think Art was asked by Ray H for a list of his bug fixes, or
>at least help with "remembering" what they were. Art is in such high
>speed mode that sometimes they are squashed without documentation
>(according to Art)
>
>Between these two sources, you should be able to get the biggest ones.
>(I also tend to forget about 'em once they're gone, but the message
>archive documents 'em somewhat.)

I'm afraid Art has made it pretty clear he doesn't WANT to report any
of this, as it would reduce the advantage his program has. I can understand
that, but he did benefit quite a bit from the open-source of EMC, and I
think also received help from some people on this list. I would not hold
my breath for Art to give anything back. He even at one time encouraged
people to add things to parts of Mach1 and 2, but is now holding back
on making partial source available. I had wanted to write a Mach2
driver for
my boards, but Art has made it pretty clear he doesn't want me to do so, and
may even take steps to make sure I can't do so.

Jon Elson 2003-12-17 19:39:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] NIST 274NGC bugs was Flashcut and Mach2 was Re: Bridgeport...