CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Controler Software

Posted by washcomp
on 2003-12-20 17:54:29 UTC
TurboCNC makes sense as a controller if you are insistant on not
upgrading your PC. In general, Win98 has some challenges and should
be replaced by Win2000 or WinXP. This will probably mean adding
some RAM, but today thats pretty cheap. If you upgrade your
operating system, I would seriously consider looking at MACH2. It
runs on Windows 2000/XP and is further developed than TurboCNC. I
recommend downloading the MACH2 manual from their web site or Yahoo
group. It is pretty comprehensive on the software and hardware
aspects of CNC and will prove useful regardless of the software you
eventually choose.

Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "tsomer2003"
<tsomer2003@y...> wrote:
> I've built my contraption and now want to fire it up and make
> something.
>
> It's a router, 48" square & 5" Z axis. I plan to drive with a
Pentium
> II, 450 mhz, currently running '98. I'm not having good success
with
> anything I've tried yet; because of the machine belching and
crashing
> I'm willing to consider anything, but I want to get this resolved
> once and for all and avoid having to continually upgrade.
>
> I'd like your opinions:
> What is the most economical and stable controler? Should I install
> Windows 2000, or Linux? What sort of output can one realistically
> expect from this machine?
>

> Thanks.

Discussion Thread

tsomer2003 2003-12-20 12:39:03 UTC Controler Software wanliker@a... 2003-12-20 17:36:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Controler Software washcomp 2003-12-20 17:54:29 UTC Re: Controler Software Fred Smith 2003-12-21 14:49:51 UTC Re: Controler Software