CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ProDrive-2000

Posted by Greg Jackson
on 2003-12-22 06:04:03 UTC
While we wander off topic, let's at least stay accurate. Protobyte is not
suing anyone, they are only planning on defending themselves.

American manufacturers and engineers have lost a tremendous amount of market
share to Japanese and others with a "not invented here" philosophy. While
polite businesses sat on the sidelines, Japanese and others took good ideas
and made them better. Sometimes the originator spent all his efforts with
lawyers. Other times the originator "one upped" the follower and created
something even better.

To get back on topic, I have run both Gecko drives and ProDrive-2000. There
is a great deal of similarity in the core, but differences exist. Both
drives operate very similar, but the Gecko produces considerably more waste
heat. ProDrive runs cooler and includes a heat sink at a lower cost than a
Gecko. If it were completely a clone I doubt it would show those
improvements.

G. Jackson

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Elson [mailto:elson@...]
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2003 5:43 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] ProDrive-2000

PROTOBYTE INC. wrote:

Well, looks like these guys are probably going to sue everybody in sight to
keep making their products as long as they can. It was pretty dumb to put
pictures of the circuit board on their web page, because even I, who have
seen the inside of a G201 a few times, thinks it looks awfully similar.
Does Yahoo indemnify the list moderator against legal liability?

I don't know what the purpose of their gobbledygook message was, either.
They
didn't refute anything.

Jon

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links