CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko 320 not pulsing

Lee Studley wrote:

>Hi,
>The "singing" is good, now the servos are dithering and the G320 are
>working as they should. So more correctly, the PDMX is not pulsing.
>This may also be due to the SW not pulsing, or the parallel port not
>pulsing ( not trying to be a smart-alec, just pointing out the logical
>progression needed to trace down a falure of the expected. )
>
>Now you are at the other issues, Steps to do:
>1) Manually pulse the G320 to verify. For example get a 9v battery
>with clips. Hook a 1K resistor in series with the positive lead.
>Connect the other side of the resistor to the common on the G320
>step/dir/com block. Take the negative lead and carefully tap the step
>input. ( note: Add temp wires to make this easier )

So far, so good.

>If nothing happens, try reversing the positive and negative leads of
>the 9v batt and repeat. !!!

AAKK! Don't do this, you could fry the opto-isolator in the G320.
The common terminal is +.

>Always include the series resistor or you
>may damage the G320 step dir inputs. When its steps make note of which
>polarity is hooked to the common. The G320 have a jumper to reverse
>the common as indicated in the G320 datasheets. Its under the cover.
>The G320, if I remember, comes default jumpered internally as common
>== +5, with the Step/Dir being active low pulsed.

The G320 is ALWAYS common +. It is only on the G340 that you have
the option.

callcbm2000 2003-12-30 09:17:06 UTC Gecko 320 not pulsing Lee Studley 2003-12-30 11:44:34 UTC Re: Gecko 320 not pulsing Jon Elson 2003-12-30 20:29:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko 320 not pulsing Lee Studley 2003-12-31 08:29:41 UTC Re: Gecko 320 not pulsing