CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: NEW PHOTOS Griz G1006

on 2003-12-31 04:38:13 UTC
Not to insult or anything but I don't see encoders, so I'm guessing
thier on the motor. I see some one else asked about belt tension.

Not to drill the point but with motor mounter encoders belt tension
is of the utmost. If you can't get those belts tensioned you're
gonna have some big problems when it comes to lash.

I would guess you went to industrialhobbies.com and looked everything
over, but thats the single biggest reason I go with ballscrew mounted
encoders. It's a pain in the butt to do the engineering for but the
accuracy is better. Not to mention if crud gets on the belt you're
gonna have a cyclic error.

You might want to ponder this before it gets too lats in the
conversion.

Thanks
Aaron Moss
www.IndustrialHobbies.com