CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: NEW PHOTOS Griz G1006

Posted by kib kibel
on 2003-12-31 07:42:02 UTC
Hello Aaron

Thanks for the very valid point you make about stretch in the drive. Have
had bad experience in the past with that setup.
No, my Anilam linear scales are complete with working encoders bolted solid
onto the moving slides.
That is why I am keen to use them as was but with all new electronics. The
machine is quite large, about twice the size of an average
Bridgeheport. Also the third axis is Knee driven which means a lot of Z
movement, usefull for deep cavities. The 5 inch spindle movement
is very handy for rapid Z zero.

I am busy converting a 15 inch swing manual lathe to cnc. No feedback at
all except limit switches and spindle ( speed and position)
X.Z and turret are all driven by type 34 steppers and Gecko step drives.

By the way my name is also Aaron . The ckall me Kib for short.

regards

Kib