CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: INVERTER SPECIFICATION FOR SINGLE TO 3 PHASE

Posted by john_glynn57
on 2004-01-03 20:08:49 UTC
Thanks For all the help: I'll let you know how I get on.

john

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "vavaroutsos" <pete@v...>
wrote:
> John, derating isn't necessary on many VFDs of 3HP or less. Most
of
> them have an over built input circuit that can run full output
power
> from single phase input. Take a look at the Teco FM100 series.
They
> are available from
>
> www.dealerselectric.com
>
> for a good price. Ask for Harold.
>
> ~petev
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "john_glynn57"
> <john_glynn57@y...> wrote:
> > As I am going to use an inverter to produce a 3 phase output
from a
> > single phase supply for my 2hp Bridgeport mill motor the
literature
> > suggests that I should overspec the inverter power rating by
1.73
> > compensate for only having one input phase.
> >
> > Any advice
> >
> > PS Thanks for all the help so far

Discussion Thread

john_glynn57 2004-01-03 04:26:55 UTC INVERTER SPECIFICATION FOR SINGLE TO 3 PHASE vavaroutsos 2004-01-03 12:19:46 UTC Re: INVERTER SPECIFICATION FOR SINGLE TO 3 PHASE john_glynn57 2004-01-03 20:08:49 UTC Re: INVERTER SPECIFICATION FOR SINGLE TO 3 PHASE