CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: INVERTER SPECIFICATION FOR SINGLE TO 3 PHASE

Posted by vavaroutsos
on 2004-01-03 12:19:46 UTC
John, derating isn't necessary on many VFDs of 3HP or less. Most of
them have an over built input circuit that can run full output power
from single phase input. Take a look at the Teco FM100 series. They
are available from

www.dealerselectric.com

for a good price. Ask for Harold.

~petev

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "john_glynn57"
<john_glynn57@y...> wrote:
> As I am going to use an inverter to produce a 3 phase output from a
> single phase supply for my 2hp Bridgeport mill motor the literature
> suggests that I should overspec the inverter power rating by 1.73
> compensate for only having one input phase.
>
> Any advice
>
> PS Thanks for all the help so far

Discussion Thread

john_glynn57 2004-01-03 04:26:55 UTC INVERTER SPECIFICATION FOR SINGLE TO 3 PHASE vavaroutsos 2004-01-03 12:19:46 UTC Re: INVERTER SPECIFICATION FOR SINGLE TO 3 PHASE john_glynn57 2004-01-03 20:08:49 UTC Re: INVERTER SPECIFICATION FOR SINGLE TO 3 PHASE