CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: pictures of RF-45 CNC on onelist web space

Posted by Terry May
on 2000-04-08 11:21:11 UTC
Dan, thanks for more pictures of your machine, of course that leads
to questions.... It looks in the picture taken from the rear quarter
that you have a drive motor on the quill as well as the column, is
that the case?? Also you mentioned in an earlier post quite a while
back that you used servo motors that you salvaged from something else
(maybe a big tape drive???), can you give me an idea how much motor I
need to come up with when I finally start converting my RF-45?
Thanks
Terry May
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Dan Falck <dfalck@s...> wrote:
> I uploaded some pictures of my RF-45 mill/drill (really a mini bed
mill) to
> the CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO site on onelist. This is sort of a case study,
since I
> did this mill with the help of the cad/cam/edm group. If you look
through
> the archives from about last August, you might pick up on the
discussion.
> Pete bought one of these machines too. Mine is controlled with a
Servo
www.linuxcnc.org
> The head is heavy enough that I wanted a counterbalance, so you can
see
> that I used door springs and door closers tied to chain and
sprocket over
> the top of the column. Sorry for the 90 degree out of kilter shot.
>
> The pic of engraving in mother of pearl, is something that I had to
do the
> other night for an awards ceremony. I engrave brass and mother of
pearl,
> and mill aluminum, plastic, and brass with this machine.
> I am constantly tinkering with this machine and having a lot of fun
with
> it.
>
> Dan

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 2000-04-06 14:41:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PIC DRO _now_ i've made it a stupid question Bertho Boman 2000-04-06 16:18:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PIC DRO _now_ i've made it a stupid question Dan Falck 2000-04-06 19:13:01 UTC pictures of RF-45 CNC on onelist web space Terry May 2000-04-08 11:21:11 UTC Re: pictures of RF-45 CNC on onelist web space Dan Falck 2000-04-08 12:20:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: pictures of RF-45 CNC on onelist web space Dan Falck 2000-04-08 17:27:22 UTC more pictures of RF-45 CNC on onelist web space